1. Winter Village Express: The holiday setup on the riverfront at Curtis Hixon Park this year features a new holiday-themed streetcar ride from Ybor City. Hop on at Centro Ybor after enjoying some games, holiday activities and treats, with special holiday surprises on board as you travel to Whiting Station. A quick walk along the Riverwalk brings you to Winter Village, where there are pop-up shops in decorated PODS containers, an ice rink and a cafe. 3:15-7:45 p.m. Sunday and Dec. 17. Centro Ybor, 1600 E Eighth Ave., Ybor City. $5 round trip. (813) 482-2312.
2. Sunday Bicycle Rides: Work off all those Christmas cookies at this free group ride. This week, explore Davis Islands. Meet at 8 a.m. at the Sandra Freedman Tennis Complex parking lot on Davis Islands next to Tampa General Hospital, 59 Columbia Drive. The group will tour waterfront homes, the airport, dog park and boat basin on a shady and circuitous route around Davis Islands for 15 miles at 10-14 mph. This is a good ride for the novice rider because the pace is relaxed, the roads are quiet and traffic is minimal. The group will end up at the Islands Coffee Shop. Helmets are required. Free. (813) 598-4999. tampabaysundaybicycle.blogspot.com.
3. The Werks and Passafire: There’s a free show at Jannus Live on Friday from reggae-rockers the Werks and Savannah rockers Passafire, with special guests the Ries Brothers. Gates open at 7 for the
8 p.m. show. 200 First Ave. N, St. Petersburg. Free.
4. Great Weedon Bird Quest: Learn the identifying marks and behaviors of year-round and seasonal bird residents at Weedon Island Preserve on Saturday. Then, hit the trails with binoculars and a checklist to track current birds. It’s free, but registration is required. 8:30-10:30 a.m. Saturday. 1800 Weedon Drive NE, St. Petersburg. (727) 453-6500.
5. Our Trail: Performances on the Pinellas Trail: The final performance in this series along the Pinellas Trail starts at 5 p.m. Saturday at Soft Water Studios, 515 22nd St. S, St. Petersburg. There will be original dance works by Helen Hansen French of the contemporary dance collective Beacon, Kellie Harmon of the RogueDance contemporary modern dance company, and Andee Scott, an interdisciplinary dance artist who founded Dance Linkages. Original music by Alisha Erao, Florent Ghys, and Mike Alexis. Free.